Here's my story

My photo
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Hello there everybody my name is Telia S Battle. I'm 26 years old. I'll love to read books because I'm a bookworm for the day I was born. I also love to do my blog, (but I usely don't be on my blog that much ...because I'm busy doing other stuff) I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't get no tattoos, I don't get no body percings. I don't hang out to no nightclubs/parties/Go-Go Bars. Because I'm a clean person & I'm going to stay that way! But I just hang out to the special gatherings-going away parties/bbq's-picnic's. I'm a very quiet friendly person. I love to meet new people. I'm single & loving it right about now which means I'll not married I've to wait I'm not trying to rush into marriage! And I'll don't have no kids right about now because I've to wait as well even though I love kids, but not right now.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The new Wawa store opens in Kearny, NJ since last WEEK!!!

Hello there my blogger world readers & you know that on Thursday night me my mother & my brother we went to the new "Wawa" store in Kearny, NJ. I mean it was so fresh & so clean! They've their grand opening & this week you can get a free coffee for any size. Until Sun you can a coffee for just $1! I mean I just love this hot spot better than Dunkin Donuts (but I still go there every now & then) but you know how that goes... Anyway lol back to "Wawa" I just read this article about it on NJ.com & I also read it the last week's newspaper about the grand opening. Why you go here & take a look:



Wawa opens store in Kearny -- company's first in Hudson County


Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal
on January 11, 2013 at 3:12 PM, updated January 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM





Foursquare
Email




Wawa holds sneak preview on Jan. 10, 2013
EnlargeFrom left: Assemblywoman Angelica Jiminez, Assemblyman Vincent Prieto, Kearny Mayor Alberto Santos, Wally the Goose, and Kearny Town Council members Albino Cardoso, Susan McCurrie and Carol Jean Doyle. Photo by Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal. Wawa holds sneak preview on jan. 10, 2013 gallery (9 photos)

A Jersey Shore staple with hundreds of locations in Centeral and South Jersey opened its doors this morning for the first time in Hudson County.
Wawa, a convenience store chain that started in Folsom, Pa., outside Philadelphia in 1964, celebrated the opening of its northern-most store, on Harrison Avenue in Kearny, near the entrance to the New Jersey Turnpike.
"We are thrilled to spread our wings into northern New Jersey and to celebrate this exciting occasion with honored friends and guests," said Wawa Vice President of Store Operations Sal Mattera.
The Kearny location's opening is the first Wawa location in North Jersey since a store opened in Parsippany in Dec. 2010.
Wawa's opened its new store in grand fashion. Singers and dancers from the West Hudson Arts & Theater Company entertained a small crowd of town officials while Kearny's police and firefighters battled it out in a hoagie building competition.
Wawa officials held a sneak preview with local officials yesterday in anticipation of the store's grand opening this morning. During the preview, Wawa Director of Store Operations Jim Shortall announced community partnerships with three local groups.
The groups, West Hudson Arts & Theater Company (W.H.A.T.), Literacy Volunteers of West Hudson, and Community FoodBank of NJ, are part of Wawa's community outreach.
"(Being a part of the community) is a privilege we take very seriously," Mattera said yesterday. "We look forward to becoming active members of the community."
Grand Opening of Wawa in Kearny, Jan. 11, 2013
EnlargeThe Kearny Fire Department makes as many hoagies as they can in three minutes during a battle against the Kearny Police Department during the grand opening of Wawa on Harrison Avenue in Kearny on Friday, Jan. 11, 2013. Lauren Casselberry/The Jersey JournalGrand Opening of Wawa in Kearny, Jan. 11, 2013 gallery (19 photos)

The donations come as a help for W.H.A.T., which is halfway through its second season revitalizing an old, West Hudson tradition.
"With Wawa as a supporter, we are more confident that we can revive our theater tradition," said W.H.A.T. co-founder Gerry Ficeto. "This will ensure that W.H.A.T. continues to be a vibrant part of the community."
For Kearny Mayor Alberto Santos, Wawa's opening is the continuation of a revitalization plan in the Harrison Avenue area.
"When I first became mayor in 2000, this was an empty site with a lot of potential," Santos said of the lot, which also contains a WalMart. "We have been able to transform this area into a vibrant area. It shows how can utilize some of these unused industrial sites."
Third Ward Councilwoman Carol Jean Doyle added, "This is a plus. So many commute in this area and this is a great spot for them to come to."
While Wawa is scarcely found in North Jersey with only a few stores, the chain hopes to continue to expand throughout the region in the coming years.

Source: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/01/wawa_to_open_first_north_jerse.html

So you see I may wanna stop buy & get a coffee or something like that but you know it's better than 7-Eleven or Quick Check? lol that's my optional. What's your optional on these Wawa stores/gas stations in your area? Plz leave a comment below to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment